- Do research before you buy fish to make sure you can provide the proper care, food, and large enough aquarium.
- Many fish cannot live together because they will fight or grab food from other fish.
- Go to good and type the fish plus care. ie. goldfish care.
- Often the fish store employees give you wrong information about fish.
- Often you can ask the employee to feed the fish. Fish that actively go after food are healthy.
- A fish is likely sick if it’s sitting on the bottom of the tank and not moving unless that species normally sits still.
- Don’t pick fish with broken fins
- If fish have white spots then don’t buy any fish in the tank. Even if there are others that look healthy.