- Important because they help keep the water clean
- Live plants use fish waste and poisons to grow. This keeps the water clean.
- Good bacteria like to grow on plants.
- They provide a safe place for fish to hide
- Provide oxygen
- Help reduce algae because they eat the same thing. If algae doesn’t have food then it won’t grow.
- Make the tank look more natural and can be used to hide the filter and heater.
- Two Types of plants: a) ones that have roots that grow in the substrate b) ones that don’t grow in the substrate
- Make sure you know where your plants grows. If it doesn’t like to grow in the substrate and you plant it there it will rot.