- The most common cause of fish illness is overfeeding.
- This occurs when fish are fed more than they can consume in 90 seconds.
- The extra food falls to the bottom where it rots and produces toxins.
- Stress causes fish to get sick as well.
- It can be caused from a bully fish that chases and bites other fish, temperature changes from direct sunlight or an overly large water change(only change 1/3 of the water).
- Ich: a parasite that causes small white spots on the fish. Often it can be treated by raising the temperature of the tank or by adding sea salt to the tank.